Friday, February 15, 2013

Interviewing Author K-T Meador


 
Welcome to Meet The Author! Today K-T Meador has stopped by to give us a little insight into her life and her books.  So let’s get started. 
 
Please tell us a little about yourself.
I am the youngest of five children, raised in Texas on a seventy acre farm. I learned how to drive a tractor, shoot a gun, assist in birthing calves, and install carpet all before I could drive a car!
After High School, I attended a technical college and majored in aviation maintenance. This profession has allowed me to travel to places such as Hawaii, South Carolina, Georgia, and I currently reside in Oklahoma.
In addition to being an aircraft mechanic, I also write a book article column for The Examiner, Austin, Texas and am an avid blogger.
I have two grown sons; one who is training to be a Master Scuba Diver, and my other son is attending a technical college majoring in Welding.
 
When did you start writing?
My first short story, at the age of sixteen, was “No Way Out” which won a contest in High School, and I was awarded fifteen dollars and a feature in the local newspaper.
 
What projects have been published?
I have three books currently published: Journey to Freedom (April 2012), Their Journey Begins (November 2012), and Transcendence (December 2012).
 
Tell us about your books.
Journey to Freedom is a full length novel set in the American Civil War. It chronicles the adventures of several people through their fight for freedom.
Their Journey Begins came about because readers of Journey to Freedom wanted to know more about certain characters prior to Journey to Freedom beginning.
 
Transcendence is a collection of poetry from my heart and experience spanning the time of 1998 through 2012.
 
What are you currently working on?
 The Inner Chamber is my current project. My target release date is June 2013.
 
The Inner Chamber is a Christian Suspense/Thriller with a subtle meaning written in the first person voice.
 
It is about how our actions inside our hearts and minds control our actions on the outside.
Thus, the name of the book: The Inner Chamber.
The heroine, Alisa, is in her early forties and finds herself the target of a kidnapping while doing a tour as a civilian aircraft mechanic over in Afghanistan.
During her captivity her actions and choices are broadcasted to the world via the internet. With no way out, she begins to have limited interaction with the other captives and then it is her turn to face The Controller.  And she learns that her decisions will equate to life or death for the other captives…some who are her friends and some who are acquaintances.
As the challenges begin, Alisa is placed under tremendous pressure and the love and faith that she has talked about to others is now being put to the ultimate test. Alisa questions her beliefs, faith, love, forgiveness, and the God who she claims to believe in.
 
What are you reading at the moment?
 I am catching up on my list of books from Indie Authors! Too many to list!
 
What do you like to do in your free time when you're not reading or writing
 Photography, hiking, traveling
 
 Do you have any advice for other authors? 
 
Advice for other writers would include:          
 
start networking/marketing before your project is complete           
develop the networking/marketing relationships that you come in contact with – make them personal and support their work as much as your own
   
write well and then hire an editor; using friends are okay, but hiring a professional editor makes a world of difference
 
And finally, can you tell us some fun facts about yourself, such as crossed skydiving off my bucket list
 
When I do watch television it is limited to professional or college football or cartoons. 
I love food, but don’t like to cook or clean.
 
I have blue eyes and therefore:  People who have blue eyes are often associated with youthfulness.  It has been noted that the blue-eyed people mostly have long-lasting relationships.  They are pretty, peaceful, kind and smart.  Those who have deep blue eyes are spiritual people and also possess a good power of observation.
Would love to visit my long-distance friends across the pond.
Get my motorcycle license, buy a Harley and tour America.
I want to go skydiving through a rainbow in Hawaii. It is possible!
I want to go on a hot air balloon ride.
Learn sign language
Learn how to write in calligraphy
 
Where can we find out more about you, and where can we purchase your books?
 
 Amazon Author Central Page:

 

 

5 comments:

  1. Lovely interview with K-Trina Meador. Looking forward to reading the Inner Chamber when it is published this year - I'm a great fan. Kudos for this wonderful author and friend n x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for hosting the interview about my books and I :) I appreciate your support so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great interview, K-Trina, and a lovely photo of you too. Your advice to writers is spot-on - I am trying to persuade a friend (who is writing her first novel) to start networking now, but she won't be persuaded! A big thank you to you for all the support you've given me :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Paula. Your books are wonderful and you are a very talented author who keeps turning those books out quickly. Keep working on your friend - networking, developing real relationships takes a lot of time and work- and is a huge deal and the payoff is friendships and support all around the world! England is fast becoming a hot spot I need to visit and bounce from one friend to another! :) Love ya my friend! And keep writing!

      Delete