Sunday, August 25, 2013

Blast from the Past - Van Heerling asks Mary Ann Bernal when was the last time she felt really alive!

http://www.vanheerlingbooks.com/4/post/2012/12/three-questions-with-van-heerling-my-guest-today-is-mary-ann-bernalbritonanddane.html

 
Welcome to Three Questions with Van Heerling. This is where you get to meet authors, actors, painters and anyone else that is bent toward the arts, but on a more personal level.
Today I welcome Mary Ann Bernal, author of The Briton and the Dane novels.

VH: For what are you grateful?

MAB: I’ve always been lucky with my health and vitality. People tell me I don’t look anywhere near my age. In fact, no one has ever guessed my age correctly, so I guess I can’t complain about anything. I walk the treadmill 4 miles a day and keep as active as I can. When I was in Greece last month, I was racing up stairs carved in 300BC while others in the group decided to sit it out.  And I have pictures of my feet standing on the ancient steps and Roman roads. How can I not be grateful for this gift?

VH: I think you have me beat. 

When was the last time you felt alive? I mean really alive!

MAB: Last month, while visiting Greece. The ruins at Ephesus, Corinth, and Philippi, and the burial mound of King Philip, Alexander the Great’s father...and The Acropolis where The Parthenon towers majestically over the city of Athens...and the Porch of the Maidens, and the list goes on!  My thousand plus photos, yes the number is correct, are available on my shutterfly webpage, and if anyone is interested in viewing them, they may contact me at www.maryannbernal.com for the url link. The weather was fantastic, the company was terrific, and the Moussaka was to die for!

VH: If a zombie virus took over the world, how many days do you think you could last before you were infected? And what would you do to postpone the inevitable?

MAB: Oh I’m tough. Come get some, buster!! The Zombie virus would get nowhere near me. I’m from New York!! We survive anything. I’d be like Charlton Heston in the Omega Man – I’d be the Last Woman on Earth. Not a single microbe would get through the door. But if it was inevitable, I would stock up on Advil and extra Listerine and pass the time until doomsday with a nonstop Spartacus: Gods of the Arena marathon with my heartrhrob Gannicus!! What a way to go…


VH: You paint quite a picture! Thank you Mary Ann. 

Picture


Picture

Author Bio:
Mary Ann Bernal, author of The Briton and the Dane novels, is an avid history buff whose area of interest focuses on Ninth Century Anglo-Saxon Britain during the Viking Age.  While pursuing a degree in business administration, she managed to fit creative writing classes and workshops into her busy schedule to learn the craft, but it would take decades before her “Erik the Viking” novel was ultimately published.

Mary Ann is also a passionate supporter of the United States military, having been involved with letter writing campaigns and other support programs since Operation Desert Storm.  She has appeared on The Morning Blend television show hosted by KMTV, the CBS television affiliate in Omaha, and was interviewed by the Omaha World-Herald for her volunteer work.  She has also been a featured author on various reader blogs and promotional sites.

Mary Ann is a New York “expat,” and currently resides in Omaha, Nebraska.




Need More Mary Ann Bernal? 
Website
Twitter

2 comments:

  1. Watched Omega Man with my dad and was super scared! hahahhaah, was just a kid! Great answers and fabulous holiday to Greece. n x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Omega Man. Thanks so much for your support. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete