Monday, December 30, 2013

Brenda Perlin's Reviews > The Briton and the Dane

11425842
's review
Dec 30, 13
Read in December, 2013


The Briton and The Dane is the first book in a trilogy that takes place in the ninth century. This book caught my attention right away. It was easy to get swept away into the drama and intrigue. I was amassed over all the deception that took place during those time periods. This book also has a very seductive side which made the story even more captivating and entertaining for me.

I love how Mary ann Bernal writes. She is wildly talented and has a real gift for telling a colorful story. The characters are very lifelike and the dialog is impeccable. I loved how the scenes keep shifting around throughout each chapter. I had to pay attention but it was so spellbinding and alluring at the same time. It is all very comprehensible and clever.

I loved all the history along with the romantic side to this novel.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, Mary Ann, wonderful review for The Briton and the Dane. Great book and excellent writing n x

    ReplyDelete