Friday, February 14, 2014

Valentine Day Special - The Briton and the Dane Concordia by Mary Ann Bernal - KINDLE EDITION - FREE on Valentine's Day

 
What people are saying

Format:Kindle Edition|Amazon Verified Purchase
It's not my way to reiterate the story line in a review. I prefer to give my opinion of the writer's ability to paint pictures with words and engage the reader.

Mary Ann Bernal paints lavishly vivid pictures of the romantic and exotic locales in this excellent book. The characters are fully detailed, physically, mentally and emotionally. The reader is fully engaged from the first page. Drawn into a world of romance, intrigue, duplicity and adventure, I couldn't put the book down. I highly recommend this book to anyone that likes Historical Fiction or even just an excellent story. This book is right up there with Pillars of the Earth, if you liked that book, you will like this one. Don't miss it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Concordia!!!!
Format:Kindle Edition|Amazon Verified Purchase
I adored Mary Ann Bernal's Concordia which was skillfully written and filled with ongoing suspense. There is plenty of real life emotion, action packed with lust, lies and deceit which is explored in such a memorable way. I was entertained from beginning to end.

This flawless tale was so clear and precise that the words flew off the page in a very visual way. I drawn in right away and as a reader I could see Concordia standing in front of me so naturally beginning with her entrance. She is a captivating character, manipulating but also likable. This tale instantly brings the reader back to another time and place.

To be honest, this is not my favorite genre but it was more entertaining and compelling than most stories that I read. I so badly yearned to know where it would all lead. Would everyone survive? But most of all who would hold Concordia's heart and keep it? Would the man/men that captured her heart stand in her way?

This is the first book that I have read in the series and this book certainly stands on it's own. Though I will have to go back to the beginning...The Briton and the Dane has caught my interest!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Keeper
Format:Kindle Edition|Amazon Verified Purchase
Author Mary Ann Bernal has done a just service of a timeless story. She painted a picture that was clearly seen and as you think the story has settled down...wham..a new twist to the plot occurs.

As a reader I hated to put this book down to resume present day reality. And when at home, I didn't want to do anything but to read this book.

LINKS:
Amazon US
http://www.amazon.com/Briton-Dane-Mary-Ann-Bernal-ebook/dp/B00AVQDKIC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1391528241&sr=8-1&keywords=the+briton+and+the+dane+Concordia

Amazon UK
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Briton-Dane-Mary-Ann-Bernal-ebook/dp/B00AVQDKIC/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1391528332&sr=8-1-fkmr1&keywords=the+briton+and+the+dane+concordia+in+kindle+store

No comments:

Post a Comment